We’ve put together an email template you can use right from your fundraising page.
- The most important thing you can add to this message is why you are fundraising for PennFuture. Let your family and friends know why this matters to you, that’s what they care about most!
- It’s always best to start by emailing your close contacts because they are the most likely to donate. Try sending some quick personal messages to your inner circle to build up some momentum. Then use the email template you customized to reach all of your other contacts.
- Once you’ve sent your first batch of emails out, it’s time to turn to social media. One of the best strategies to use on both Facebook and Twitter is tagging and thanking people that have already donated while you are asking for new donations. This spreads your message further and lets the people you are asking know that people are already getting behind you.
- Don’t hesitate to send a few follow up emails. Emails are easy to overlook and people often open them up quickly and then forget to go back to them. Use email to keep people up to date with your progress as you hit different milestones (50% raised, 75% raised, etc.) and ask supporters to help you hit the next milestone.
- As more of your network gets behind you, keep thanking them on social media and make sure you continue to share your progress towards your goal. Fundraising often takes a little creativity and persistence, but it’s vitally important to our mission and you can do it.
- Know that your effort will make a big difference! THANK YOU!